The Whinless Down Academy Trust is a dedicated team of school leaders, school improvement professionals and Board Members all committed to ensuring the very best outcomes for children by providing staff with the very best professional opportunities that translates into quality first teaching.
We want to work with you because:
- We are primary focussed – it is important to us to concentrate on the primary phase and to understand the unique and distinctive way in which young children learn.
- Primary values are at our core and we recognise the importance of establishing a foundation in which children will sustain and cultivate their own unique learning journey.
- We believe in each and every child and that each and every one of them deserves the very best start in life regardless of where they live or go to school.
- Wherever the starting points are, the philosophies are the same in achieving the best outcomes and fulfilling dreams.
- With you, we will design support packages that are contextually fitting using skilled practitioners with the relevant experience in school improvement to make a difference.
- Your strengths will strengthen all the schools within the Trust through the networking system that is already evident supporting both teaching and learning, focussing on both the academic standards and the values and ethos in which children are educated.
- We believe that funding should be used for the children whom it is intended and that it shouldn’t be used in over bureaucratic systems of management and administration costs. We understand that schools need resources in order to move forward and that is why budgets are still managed at school level under the skills of an academy business manager.
- Building relationships in which there is trust, a shared value system and a supportive CPD programme will enable rapid improvement if required.
All of the staff, children, governors and trustees of the Whinless Down Academy look forward to developing our happy and thriving organisation with new schools looking to become part of our integral schools network.